Scroll To See More Images
I’ve recently developed a statement earring shopping habit—one I fully intended to curb this summer. That is, until I saw this summer’s statement earrings selection. Once I discovered how many truly incredible, fun earrings were on offer, I realized there was absolutely no hope of me kicking my obsession. This is the summer statement earring‘s world now, and I’m simply living in it.
I’ve always been a fan of a kitschy statement piece. Growing up, I consistently found myself drawn more to the dusty bins of vintage shops than anywhere else (except maybe my mother’s closet, which I raided with some regularity). Now that I’m older, my wardrobe has grown increasingly settled; I’ve filled style holes as they’ve arisen, and I’ve left myself with a closet that feels full, varied, complete—and perhaps more importantly, fun. I have plenty, and I constantly find myself dreaming up new ways to combine the pieces I already own. In other words, I’m basically living the sartorial life I dreamt of every time I unearthed a vintage treasure as a child.
But in my quest to nail my day-to-day wardrobe, I largely neglected my accessory rotation—which is now on the receiving end of all the energy I used to funnel into clothing. My bag and shoe situation is pretty practical and pared-down (I don’t care how cute something is—if it can’t hold my shit or comfortably transport me from place to place, I’m not here for it). But jewelry—jewelry is where I can play. Statement-making clothes are only further elevated by statement-making accessories, which is why statements earrings are, definitively, my shit. (As if that didn’t become obvious the moment you noticed this shopping guide had 103 items in it.)
Now that camp is the new black, designers and fast-fashion retailers alike have blessed the zeitgeist with all kinds of vibrant, fun, exciting earrings. Hoops are now adorned with patterned beads, covered in colorful shells or rendered in strange shapes. Drop earrings have grown chunkier, duster earrings longer and tasseled earrings, well, more tasseled. Fruit motifs are abundant—and tropical baubles are, too.
The summer statement earring landscape is vast and varied—and ready to be shopped by anyone with an affinity for fun doodads. (Suffice it to say my statement earring infatuation is here to stay for a few months more. Maybe I’ll reconsider kicking it in autumn?)
1. River Way Hoop Earrings, $28 at Free People
Because hoops are more fun when covered with seed beads and adorned with shells.
2. Mercedes Salazar Tropics Palm Oversized Earrings, $188 at Farfetch
The cherry on top of your favorite tropical shirt.
3. Lime Oval Drop Earrings, $22 at Topshop
Sure to play as well with your favorite tee-and-jeans combo as they will with your go-to LBD.
4. Eshvi Crescent Drop Earrings, $243 at Farfetch
Um, hell yes those are lips on those earrings.
5. Mon Amie Hoop Earrings, $32 at Free People
Friendship earrings are officially the new friendship bracelets.
6. Casa Clara Luna Beaded Tassel Earring, $44 at Urban Outfitters
Veritably long—and available in all kinds of fun colors.
7. Mercedes Salazar Pineapple Drop Earrings, $188 at Farfetch
Pair this with your favorite pineapple button-down and put every frat bro you know to shame.
8. South Beach Resin Triangle Drop Earrings, $19 at ASOS
Statement-making without skewing too out-of-the-box.
9. Mercedes Salazar Long Star Earrings, $125 at Farfetch
Celestial jewelry is having a moment, and I’m shopping every iteration I see.
10. Beaded Leaf Drop Earrings, $22 at Topshop
Because it wasn’t enough for them to be massive—they had to be bead-covered, too.
11. Color Shell Chain Link Hoop Earrings, $13 at ASOS
Not your average shell earrings. (Isn’t the fact that we even have an average shell earring kind of fun?)
12. Beaded Hoop Earrings, $22 at Topshop
Don’t your hoops deserve a little texture? And a pop of color, too?
13. Heart Drop Earrings, $28 at Topshop
Drop earrings Barbie would definitely be proud of.
14. Mercedes Salazar Leaf Drop Earrings, $208 at Farfetch
Because “neutral” and “statement-making” are far from mutually exclusive.
15. Snake Print Chainmail Drop Earrings, $22 at Topshop
I mean, these are crafted from snake print chainmail. If these don’t transport you to the aughts, I don’t know what will.
16. Faceted Resin Hoop Earrings, $8 at ASOS
For days when you want to go a little wild—but not, like, too wild.
17. Oxbow Designs Fruity Earring, $89 at Urban Outfitters
Become the walking embodiment of the peach emoji—because you can.
18. Square Resin Earrings, $18 at Topshop
A vintage-inspired silhouette rendered in a fresh, contemporary palette? (Obviously) count me in.
19. Bayberry Hoop Earrings, $38 at Free People
These low-key look like they were crafted from pipe cleaners, and I’m here for all of it.
20. Curve Mobile Drop Earrings, $11 at Topshop
A chandelier earring, crafted for the modern age.
21. Gold Tone Palm Tree Earrings, $13 at ASOS
Sure to keep your dream vacation on your mind—or at least, near your mind.
22. Venessa Arizaga Rainbow Shell Charm Hoop Earrings, $95 at Urban Outfitters
You definitely could have made these in arts and crafts class, and honey, there is nothing wrong with that.
23. Natio x Lako Large Crocodile Earrings, $137 at Farfetch
Badass. And unexpected—which only makes them more badass.
24. Sibilia Mod Drop Earrings, $58 at Anthropologie
Earrings sure to render you a walking work of art.
25. Mignonne Gavigan Tallulah Hooped Post Earrings, $58 at Anthropologie
Throwing these on will elevate even your lowest-key T-shirt.
26. Isabel Marant Drop Earrings, $200 at Farfetch
Nature’s take on iridescence.
27. Sparkly Flamingo Earrings, $25.90 at Zara
I mean. They’re bedazzled flamingos.
28. Mercedes Salazar Star and Moon Earrings, $250 at Farfetch
These earrings are basically inviting you to wear the galaxy. On your head.
29. Blue Crystal Star Hoop Earrings, $15 at Topshop
A surefire solution to any hoop fatigue you might be experiencing.
30. Lobster Drop Earrings, $9.50 at ASOS
Bring out the dancing lobsters.
31. Green Beaded Hoop Earrings, $9.50 at ASOS
Maximalist hoops you could definitely sport during wedding season.
32. Mercedes Salazar Tropic Bird Earrings, $223 at Farfetch
Would definitely pair these with a tropical button-down and jeans—and probably a low-key fancy black maxi, too.
33. David Aubrey Issa Hooped Post Earrings, $88 at Anthropologie
Doesn’t your work accessory rotation deserve something of a tune-up?
34. Iosselliani Club Africana Earrings, $185 at Farfetch
So pretty I can hardly tear my eyes away.
35. Jennifer Loiselle Strawberry Earrings, $24.95 at Bando
The first of many fruit earrings you’ll encounter this season (and in this shopping guide).
36. Lena Bernard Colorblock Shell Hoop Earrings, $68 at Anthropologie
May you never be forced to choose between hoops and shells again.
37. Lemon Drop Earrings, $22 at Topshop
Giving new meaning to the phrase “lemon drop.”
38. Calypso Dangle Earrings, $48 at Free People
Did someone say “festival season”?
39. Wolf Circus Paisley Drop Earring, $180 at Urban Outfitters
Because you don’t need saturated colors to deliver a statement-making look.
40. BaubleBar Statement Flower Drop Earrings, $38 at Anthropologie
Is it just me, or do these earrings look like they’re covered in teeny-tiny rainbow sprinkles?
41. Orelia Gold Plated Resin Leaf Statement Earrings, $24 at ASOS
Resin earrings got huge last summer—and they’re back, baby.
42. Monies Round Two-Tone Earrings, $155 at Farfetch
Turn heads every time you turn your head.
43. Skinnydip Drop Hoop Earrings, $20 at Topshop
For those who prefer their bold style delivered with a side of subtlety.
44. BaubleBar Pineapple Drop Earrings, $44 at Anthropologie
How many pineapple earrings is too many pineapple earrings? (Obviously not asking for a friend.)
45. Stacked Stone Drop Earrings, $228 at Anthropologie
A statement earring crafted with fancier occasions in mind.
46. Venessa Arizaga Yin Yang Charm Earring, $95 at Urban Outfitters
Wear them together, or split ’em with a friend.
47. Rosantica Clip-On Drop Earrings, $243 at Farfetch
Maximalist without sacrificing luxury.
48. Daydream Resin Shell Post Earrings, $24 at Urban Outfitters
Everything you loved about last year’s shell earring trend, and everything you loved about the ’90s—combined.
49. Jennifer Loiselle Let’s Dance Metallic Earrings, $28 at Bando
Drop earrings that have their priorities straight.
50. Natio x Lako Dragon Earring, $132 at Farfetch
Because khaleesi might be bad news these days, but you can still take style cues from her.
51. Jennifer Loiselle Fruit Stack Earrings, $42 at Bando
A fruit salad—rendered in statement earring form.
52. Shell Statement Drop Earring, $18 at Urban Outfitters
Can you tell I’m genuinely obsessed with this summer’s less-obvious takes on the shell earring movement?
53. Resin Drop Earrings, $9.50 at ASOS
For the maximalist who appreciates a good neutral (or three).
54. Where the Wild Roses Grow Floral Hoop Earrings, $16 at Nasty Gal
Floral. Adorned. Hoops. (Need I really say more?)
55. Bead Shimmy Faux Leather Earrings, $16 at ASOS
Layered and lightweight—a winning combination.
56. Dancing Under Stars Hoop Earrings, $54 at Free People
For the shopper who loves hoops so much they can’t have just one.
57. Night Time Holiday Deck Chair Stripe Earrings, $60 at Bando
Your favorite wall mural, turned into a pair of earrings.
58. Lucy Resin Hoop Earrings, $30 at Free People
A daintier approach to resin earring thing.
59. Wasted Effort Tequila Sunrise Earrings, $44.95 at Bando
Fodder for your next party-worthy look.
60. Cherry Earrings, $9.50 at ASOS
A less in-your-face—but still veritably statement-making—take on fruit jewelry.
61. Reese Tile Drop Earring, $18 at Urban Outfitters
Also available in 2019’s favorite shade, coral.
62. Wolf Circus Lunette Earring, $98 at Urban Outfitters
So structurally interesting you’ll be looking for excuses to wear them.
63. Stripe Beaded Hoop Earrings, $30 at Free People
Not only are these hoops covered in beads, they’re striped, too. (Striped!!)
64. Mignonne Gavigan Hollis Drop Earrings, $298 at Anthropologie
Leave it to Anthropologie to craft a statement earring that drips with luxe.
65. Mixed Resin Shape Earrings, $16 at ASOS
A bold earring that wants to join you on your next night out.
66. Rory Resin Heart Drop Earring, $18 at Urban Outfitters
Because heart accessories shouldn’t be exclusively reserved for February.
67. Sahara Dusters, $238 at Free People
For the fan of bohemian jewelry who hasn’t quite figured out how they fit into the statement jewelry-sphere.
68. Design B Gold and Resin Statement Earrings, $23 at ASOS
Textured, structural fun.
69. Western Leather Earrings, $28 at Free People
These leather earrings walk the line between cowgirl-chic and bohemian-chill very, very thoughtfully.
70. Matte Color Geo Shape Earrings, $16 at ASOS
So fun you’ll pray for a bad hair day. (An excuse to throw your hair in a bun and slip these on.)
71. Threaded Leaf Drop Earrings, $22 at Topshop
A slightly more abstract approach to tropical jewelry.
72. Cult Gaia Drop Stone Earring, $139 at Farfetch
OK, these are glam enough to wear to a gala. (Not sure how many galas you go to, but hey.)
73. Checkerboard Hoop Earrings, $18 at Topshop
Checkerboard prints are normally a thing I’d avoid like the plague—but in thick hoop form, the pattern works.
74. Marlo Crinkle Drop Earring, $20 at Urban Outfitters
Go bold without pumping up the volume on your palette.
75. Up Flower Scent Earrings, $24 at Bando
Tasseled. And bedazzled. And pieced together by baby hoops.
76. Crystalline Shell and Fluorite Clip-On Earrings, $232 at Farfetch
All kinds of glam; wear them on the daily, or save them for special occasions.
77. Jana Wood Statement Drop Earrings, $18 at Urban Outfitters
You had me at “wood earrings.”
78. Lele Sadoughi Psychedelic Hoops, $120 at Farfetch
A blast from last summer—glad to see layered, colorful resin options sticking around.
79. Glisten Beaded Earrings, $30 at Free People
Because many of us haven’t worn beads like this since middle school, and they’re too fun not to bring back.
80. Cherry Resin Statement Earring, $20 at Urban Outfitters
These may or may not have put a smile on my face the moment I saw them. (OK. They did. They definitely did.)
81. Sandbar Dangle Earrings, $38 at Free People
More statement fodder for the Free People-obsessed.
82. Mercedes Salazar Tropic Earrings, $198 at Farfetch
Because when camp reigns supreme, you really should go big or go home.
83. Jeweled Toucan Earrings, $25.90 at Zara
So irresistibly fun—and for only $25.90!
84. BaubleBar Enamel Hoop Earring Set, $52 at Anthropologie
Because three pairs of statement earrings are definitely better than one.
85. Loop Rope Drop Earrings, $22 at Topshop
86. Rachel Comey Neale Earrings, $139 at Farfetch
Rachel Comey can do no wrong.
87. Lele Sadoughi Double Ring Hoop Earrings, $120 at Farfetch
The kind of thing you wish you could find a thrift store.
88. Lele Sadoughi Geometric Draped Earrings, $190 at Farfetch
Edgy enough to turn heads, no matter where you’re headed.
89. Starfish Drop Earrings, $22 at Topshop
Starfish are fun. Bead-covered starfish are more fun.
90. Isabel Marant Miss Drop Earrings, $230 at Farfetch
Earrings both minimalists and maximalists could surely get behind.
91. Pave Crab Earrings, $22 at Topshop
92. Iridescent Scale Earrings, $19.90 at Zara
Veritable mermaid earrings.
93. Shashi Ava Fan Drop Earrings, $54 at Anthropologie
I mean, they’re lined with fringe. And they’re bright freakin’ orange. Need I justify further?
94. Shourouk Crystal Drop Earrings, $238 at Farfetch
95. Banana Statement Earring, $20 at Urban Outfitters
Smaller than your average fruit earring, but still sure to make a statement.
96. Lena Star Drop Earrings, $78 at Free People
Simultaneously aughts-y and bohemian—I didn’t know it was possible, but here we are.
97. NST Studio Rainbow Drop Earrings, $108 at Anthropologie
For the shopper who loves beads so much they don’t want to stick to just one.
98. Mussel Stud Earrings, $18 at Topshop
Practically dripping with vintage appeal.
99. Jennifer Loiselle Daisy Drop Earrings, $36 at Bando
An adorable addition to your favorite daisy-covered dress (or, you know, anything else in your closet, too).
100. Anton Heunis Embellished Hoop Earrings, $237 at Farfetch
Earrings that know what’s up.
101. Pom-Pom Drop Earrings, $22 at Topshop
I mean, these are literally bedazzled chains adorned with millennial pink pom-poms. What’s not to love?
102. Liars and Lovers Tortoiseshell Resin Earrings, $19 at ASOS
These have been on offer for a while now, and they’re never not cute.
103. Charlotte Valkeniers Coil Earrings, $236 at Farfetch
A more accessible way into the statement earring movement.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.