Former college football player Ray Lewis III — the son of Hall of Fame linebacker Ray Lewis — died from an overdose … this according to police.
TMZ Sports obtained the overdose report from police in Florida … and it says Lewis apparently died from an accidental overdose.
Police say they responded to a call for a medical emergency and found an unresponsive Lewis, who was getting CPR from a friend while another friend was screaming for Narcan (a drug used during overdoses).
Cops say Lewis was lying naked in a room, between a bed and a wall and he was not breathing. Police say they administered Narcan in his right nostril, but there was no response.
The report also says cops searched the room and found a blue pill near Lewis’ body, which they unofficially identified as Alprazolam (the drug in brands like Xanax). Police also say there was a used needle at the scene, plus a small plastic bag found inside of an empty beer can.
As we reported … Lewis was found dead earlier this week … and the police report says the call came in at 5:29 PM on Wednesday.
While police believe the death was an accidental overdose … they note the medical examiner will make the final determination on a cause of death.